Monday, January 21, 2008

Simple is as Simple Does


Helloooooooooo and welcome! So glad you could stop by and visit. This week's topic just popped into my head tonight while I was eating dinner. Dinner was an omelet with swiss cheese and spinach, a whole grain waffle, 3 pieces of hickory smoked bacon and a glass (or two) of wine. Hey, don't knock it until you try it! Wine goes with cheese!

So as I was thinking about how incredibly good my dinner was, it also occurred to me how simple it was. Well, you know how the mind starts to wander (especially mine). I started thinking about all the simple things in life that make me so happy and excited and, well, pure giddy at the thought of them! The first thing that came to mind was a quote from editor Jacqueline deMontravel of Romantic Homes Magazine. In one of her editor's letters entitled "Speaking in English," she states, "I am far happier reading in a puff of pillows and quilts rather than watching a big screen television situated in a room built especially for a big screen television." To that I say, "Amen Sister!" David and I have a king size bed with a huge, fluffy, feather mattress, a fluffy down comforter and loads of quilts (that I made)! I can hardly wait for Sunday night when the sheets are fresh, the mattress is fluffed and my favorite magazine or book awaits. I sit there with a big Cheshire Cat grin on my face and soak in all the fluffiness! People find it amazing that I don't watch television. I can honestly say that I love my magazines and books so much more and I love getting lost in them. I don't watch the news because it is full of "crap." Nothing happy, just gloom and doom and depressing stories. Talk about needing depression medicine! I find my favorite magazines only talk about happy, beautiful, creative, and loving things! I'm in a book club with five fabulous women and I look so forward to our monthly meetings. Of course we talk about the book, (for five minutes), but most important we share our lives with each other while we share a delicious meal together. We are all so different, but at the same time we are the same.
I guess that's why I like reading blogs as well as writing my blog. As I read a blog, I'm not required to do anything but read the story, ponder the points and enjoy the ride . As for you, I hope you enjoy my stories as well. If not, you can always watch TV.
Hugs and have a great week,

Shell
P.S. the parade house is moving along. We have shingles, windows, house wrap, rough-in's and soon we will have insulation. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...