Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stage 2 PSA

Oh dear... I didn't think it could get any worse, but indeed it could and it did. Upon cleaning an organizing bunnyville for the new year, I realized my PSA has gone into Stage Two PSA. For those of you who are new to my blog, PSA is a disease known to many as Paint Swatch Addiction. You can read about my battle with this disease here. There are many of us that suffer from this.



Well little did I know that this particular disease has more than one stage and I just realized that I have developed Stage Two PSA. What is Stage Two you're asking???? This is rather embarrassing. Stage Two PSA is "Paper Separation Anxiety." Yep, it's true. This develops when one has trouble letting go of paper. Of course it has to be pretty paper and truthfully it really doesn't even have to be paper. For instance. This is a tag off a pair of $10 pants I bought on clearance. When I cut the tag off, I couldn't bear to throw it away. I was more excited about the tag than I was the fact that I only paid $10 for a pair of pants! I could use this on a card, on a piece of art, on...on... another tag!! Yeah! Oh boy where's my heart punch. I just had to punch a heart shape out of it. Isn't it pretty???


As I continued to organize bunnyville, I started noticing that not only have I saved tags from clothing, but I have saved pretty tissue boxes, scraps of wrapping paper, bits and pieces and well... Schnibblets of everything. Don't you just love that word? Schnibblets. I love that word. These are fun too, Schmooze, Schmege, Schmutzed, Schmuck-a-telly. Let's use them in sentences. I have Schnibblets of paper everywhere. I tried to Schmooze my friend in order to get her paper. I got glue Schmege all over that paper. Oh I just Schmutzed that paper up. Geeze, I'm such a Schmuck-a-telly. Hee,hee,hee. Ok I digress, back to PSA.



So anyway, being the "organizational over achiever" that I am, I then had to make sure that all my Schnibblets and papers were color coordinated and placed in an easy to see, easy to grab manner. Thank goodness for Ziplock bags.
Now everything is perfectly filed away so when I want to create I don't have to hunt and dig. I know many of you suffer from this same illness. The good news is that there is a "politically" correct term for it now. It's called "creating green." Reduce, reuse, recycle. Use that term if you want, but we all know that you really have Stage Two PSA.

Have a great week. Check back with me and I'll give you the What's Up on Wednesday.

bunny hugs and kisses,
shell

This week IGF, Razzy being well again and my over active, dorky imagination.

21 comments:

Eileen & Karen said...

Shell, you are too cute! Oh, I can so relate on so many level! I would have so kept that tag too!
Hugs,
Eileen
www.forgetmenotdreams.com

gail said...

Shell, you always have me laughing! Now I dont feel so bad. My confession: If there is a piece of paper with a cute little animal on it, I can bear to throw it away. I will cute the shape off the note paper. I cant bear for it to be all alone in the trash, and whats worse, THE DUMP! I have cut out animal shapes all over the place.
PS: Be watching your mail box!!!
hugs, gail

cathy said...

OOOh, can I come play with your papers? They all are so pretty! Great organization there.

Anonymous said...

Too funny~ I was in a panic for a moment~ I was about to google PSA!

Anonymous said...

OK...I will see your PSA 2 and raise shopping bag collections...and a tag on a thrift shop purchase sweater...original price $295...I could not bear to remove the price tag...I could never afford a $300 sweater!
Susan *dutchrose*

Patricia said...

OMG Shell, you scared the dickens out of me! Thought you were really sick. Loved the post, my tired self needed that laugh, thanks.

Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Hi Shell,

I am afraid I suffer from the same affliction. We should all start a group! Have a great week and I can't wait to see hou you use all your goodies.
hugs,
Carrie

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

Shell you should go on J. Leno! *smiles* Way to cute!! Love all those beautiful papers!

Miniature Patisserie Chef said...

Shell,

Oh man! I wished I was as organized as you. I love all your pretty paper collection. They are just so beautiful. Would make such wonderful backgrounds for my miniatures LoL.

Pei Li

Anonymous said...

Shell ~

I never knew there was a name associated with my habit! Now I feel better knowing there are more of us.

PS: That tag is awesome.

Lisa

Unknown said...

Shell, Can you come do me now? How great is it to love paper! Tedi
www.PetiteBookstore.com

Deb said...

OMG.....now there are TWO names for it! I didn't even know others suffered from it. LOLOLOL I am a Stage 2 Green PSA. :) Thanks for the laugh!

Pink hugs,
Debbie
www.shabbycozycottage.com
www.patchoulirosehome.com

Lilli Blue said...

Yep Shell me too. Glad to know I can start a support group with all my pink ones...LOL. Love the idea that we are green. Hoarding paper has just become politically correct! Happy clipping. Kiss the bunnies for me. Lilli

Susie said...

Hi Shell! That was a fun read! Golly, I have a case of that too. Who would have guessed to take time to color coordinate it? Thank you for the tip!
Pink hugs,
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Carolee Crafts said...

Crafters never throw anything away, beauty can be found in any scrap of fabric, paper or topping off a box of chocolates.

I support you in you in your PSA 2 I frequently get FSA 2 this relates to fabric, so can appreciate your dilemma
I never throw out old calenders, instead cut off the pictures to reuse.

Michaele Sommerville said...

The "schm-" words are much more fun than the phrase "going green." Wonder if we could come up with a "schm-" word that meant the same thing?

:)

Michaele

Angel Heart Designs said...

PSA..Oh! How funny!!! I have it too I'm sure! Fifi who? Shell, thanks for letting me know how you dine..I just love it! I hope more people enter the contest..I have something fun!
Cindy:) (())

SoCal Helene said...

Hi Shell,
You are so funny, your posts always make me smile!
Helene
SistersGiftCompany.com
ps. thanks for visiting the other day

Shabby Shan said...

How funny! I can see how you couldn't throw that tag away, it is so pretty. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that suffers from this condition!

Shannon
www.shabbyshanscottage.com

KittyDigitize said...

Shell!!

You always make me laugh and giggle... thank GOD your studio looks like mine!!!!

Maybe that's a good thing... Matt won't even come in here! LOL!!

Hmmmmm....

xoxo

Teriann

Inka Smith said...

OH Shell!!! You are always making me smile girl! I have actually been throwing away stuff here in Birdville. Do you want me to send it your way??? LOL
Inka

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...