Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Fellowship of the Flowers - Signups December 27th

Hello there! Well one week to go until all the food, fun and festivities of Christmas day and only two weeks until the "Fellowship of the Flowers" begins! Woo hoo! I do love the fresh start of a new year and thinking about all the adventures I want to have.


I'm just soooooooooooooooo excited about the "Fellowship of the Flowers." It's like a block of the month but better! It's inspiring! It's a mystery every month! It's going to be so much fun! In fact, I'm going to start signups on December 27th!



What is the “Fellowship of the Flowers”?

  •  Companionship: we will be stitching companions for fifty weeks. Every Wednesday starting January 1, 2014 until December 17, 2014, you are invited to visit my blog for inspiring flower stitching ideas.

  •  A mutual sharing: we will share photos of our completed flowers and projects on Pinterest and Facebook .

  •  A group of people with the same interests: we will explore the world of Folk Art Fusion® and art quilting together. Not only will I teach you how to make each flower, you will receive complete instructions for 12 projects using your flowers. Project instructions will be emailed to you the last Wednesday of each month.  
  • An endowment for the support of a student or scholar doing advanced work: your fellowship fee of $35 entitles you to 50 weeks of inspiration and learning. Upon joining, you will receive 5 flower patterns, a bonus bee pattern and instructions on layering the pieces. In addition, every month for 12 months, you will receive a project using combinations of the 5 flower patterns and the bonus bee pattern. You are invited to share your finished projects, ask questions and be part of a worldwide group of friends. Your fellowship fee, which is less than 70¢ per week, allows me not only to continue designing Folk Art Fusion® projects for your enjoyment, but it also allows me to support rabbit rescues around the USA. For this the bunnies and I send our heartfelt thanks.


In addition, I will have wool felt


and pearl cotton kits available for purchase in my shop. This will also be a great way to use up scraps of fabric and little embellishments you may have laying around. Not to mention, you can be ahead of the game for gift giving next Christmas (I really need that part).



Signups will begin December 27th. This will be done through Craftsy only. There will be no printed patterns of the flowers, PDF only. Starting January 1st and every Wednesday for 50 weeks you will see a finished flower on my blog for inspiration on finishing your flower. However, the only way you get the instructions and the patterns is to join the Fellowship. The last Wednesday of the month I will show you a project using the flowers. All those who have joined the Fellowship will be emailed the complete instructions for making the project. You may join the Fellowship at any time, but it will end completely on December 17, 2014.



I am truly looking forward to sharing this 50 week adventure with you. Something happy, positive and creative to look forward to each week with friends.


Please let me know if you have any questions and pass the word! Copy the button from my sidebar if you like.

xx,
Michelle and the Bunnies 

17 comments:

Jeanette said...

Sounds like so much fun. Can't wait. Hugs, xx

Fiona said...

oh my goodness.. that sounds wonderful fun...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

I have not heard about "Fellowship of flowers."
Thanks for sharing...

Susan said...

Come on 27th December - sounds like a lot of fun - one more project for 2014 - eek - don't need it but want it!

Raewyn said...

Wow, now this does sound exciting!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning you all!

You have such a gift for organizing such fun, but you have worked so hard for this Michelle. You have to have a feeling of great satisfaction as you look back on how you started, what it took to get you here, but most of all, the friends you've made.

I so wish I had TIME to get involved, for I have always loved making things with my hands. But I will continue to watch and be here to share the beauty and fun.

Sending you many wishes and love (and thanks for the card!!!!!!!) but most of all, big thanks for your friendship.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS DEAR BUNNIES! Anita

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Best of luck with this new adventure! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Sparklyjools said...

Great idea! Tons of luck with your new floral venture.xxx

tink's mom said...

Well this sounds like a fun start to the new year. Looking forward to it. Your projects are so perfect to take along in the car, the plane, to the office etc, etc, etc and so much more fun than Hexies.

KaHolly said...

This sounds like so much fun. A great way to learn your very special and unique craft. I can't imagine how much work you have put in to making this happen!!

Barbara said...

What a great idea! Looking forward to signing up! Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014!

Little Miss Titch said...

look forward to seeing this each week,xx Rachel

jerilanders said...

Shell, this is a wonderfully clever idea! You are so good at this, what fun. Working with such beautiful colors and soft earth tone felts must be a joy.
PS Your book is on it's way!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Michelle! THAT WAS FAST! You came to my new post!

Well let me say that I too am so grateful for YOU in my life. Your love for the animals is a great gift to ME. Thank you for sharing in the love of life in all forms!

I'm off to California in a few days, but I think I'll take my computer. Not sure....

HAPPY CHRISTMAS my dear friend. Anita

RG said...

Great fun. I shall be watching from the bleachers!!!!

Tammy said...

I am really excited for this!!

Barb said...

Merry Christmas my amazing friend.....you are doing some fun stuff over here!!!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...