Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fellowship of the Flowers Week 35 and our August project!

Eight months have gone by...eight months! It's so hard to believe how fast this year is going.


Today I'm delighted to share our eighth project in "The Fellowship of the Flowers."


Since we are heading into the season of celebrations, I thought it would be fun to use the flowers from weeks 18, 19 and 20 to get a head start on gift making.


So, I used the flowers to make "Sneaky Snack Mats." Around here, I call little afternoon treats "sneaky snacks."  Not that I'm sneaking it, but it's just fun to say. hee,hee,hee.

If you are a member in the Fellowship, your instructions will be emailed to you today. If you would like to join the Fellowship, or take a hop through the last 34 weeks and 7 projects, please click on the tab at the top of the blog. 



This is the flower for Week 35.


Here's how it looked before stitching and embellishing.


I had some blue rick rack and liked the way it looked with the blue fabric.


I think the beads added a fun touch.


Fall will be upon us shortly, (unless you are in Australia and then Spring is hopping in). Time to get back to some stitching and crafting.

Light, love and hugs to you,
Michelle and the fuzzy crew

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Those little sneaky snack mats are just too pretty to use.

Thoeria said...

Those are so clever....and so very pretty! I love the way you've used the ric rac and beads in this project:)

Deb said...

Hee-hee, love the sneaky snack mats! Great idea for gifts for that time of year that I refuse to name in August!! Thanks Shell :O)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I'd be snacking even MORE with mats that pretty to set on my table! WOW! The color choices you make are so perfect for each season, my friend!

Sneaky Snacks....I LOVE THAT!

Give the fuzz crew my fondest hugs!

Elvira said...

Me encanta tu manera de enriquecer mas tu "fruto"
Besos

Sparklyjools said...

Good enough to eat(on!) xxx

Unknown said...

I'm off to my sewing room to make a start on these gorgeous little mats - Just love them Michelle.

Createology said...

I do like your "sneaky snack mats" and they will make really great gifts. I agree with the blue ric-rac and how perfectly it goes with the fabric insets. Yes...I am looking forward to some Fellowship Flower stitching time. Summer really took me away from everything creative. Lovely projects dear...

Little Miss Titch said...

that mat is just so adorable Michelle,xx Rachel

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...