Friday, August 8, 2014

Hoppy Friday! Smitten with Kittens

Well this was a hard week for me personally. I found myself taking refuge in the comfort of friends,  and in the pure innocence, peace and fuzziness of animals.

This week I am grateful for David, Lydia, Captain, Beth, Sabrina, the kittens and my precious bunnies. My husband, dear friends and animals always have a way of making me smile.

So let's get on to some cute photos shall we?


Sabrina is just the best mama. She cuddles her kittens all the time. It's precious.


She lets me pick her up and hold her and never tries to bite or scratch me. She just purrs and purrs.


Each day I watch the "Cuddle Puddle" grow and grow.


These faces melt my heart.


"Belly up to the 'Titty' bar as my friend Tay said. Made me laugh so hard!


First one and only one to open its eyes this week.


"All the better to see you with!"


This is the only one I have named. I call him/her "Tiggy Wiggins."


Big yawn from a little one.



This photo was taken last night. They get bigger and bigger and bigger. I'm so grateful I get to watch them grow and I'm grateful Sabrina is with me. She doesn't have to worry about finding food for herself or worry about predators getting her babies.

I'm grateful that one of these little ones has a forever home. My friend Gerri and her husband Bill are adopting one (waiting to find out the sexes). The lucky kitty will have an "inside" forever home with lots of love and attention. Bill has already purchased some toys. That made me so happy!

Captain and our friend, Jennifer, captured two of Sabrina's April litter on Wednesday. They were taken right away to be neutered Thursday morning and now they are in foster homes awaiting there forever home. There are four more from that litter to be captured. 


Of course, I am always most grateful for Hannah and Harrington. They are my precious ones, my inspiration and my friends. After all, I am the crazy bunny lady. ;)

Light, love and hugs to you.
Michelle and the fuzzy crew

27 comments:

Deb said...

So sorry you've had a tough week Shell but glad that your friends, family, bunnies and kittens were there to help you. The kittens are so adorable, there is nothing as wonderful as baby critters. Hope that everyone finds a forever home very soon. {Hugs} to you my friend, Deb

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Many gentle hugs for you - you are as prescious as God's creatures you have touched.

Scout and Sage said...

I love how she keeps her good eye 'up' so she can see what's going on in case her babies need protecting. She's such a good mommy.. who has a good guardian angel :)

Donna~~ said...

Thank you so much for sharing your kitty photos. There is nothing so wonderful as a litter of kittens. (We had several as I grew up--always such a pleasure, and I do miss them so, but know endless litters aren't a good idea now.) Would love to adopt one, but have developed allergies that would make that unwise. But thanks for giving me my kitten fix!

Jo James said...

So much snugly cuteness!!

Thoeria said...

I love cats :) Your kittens remind me of one I had as a child - his name was Stripes :) Lovely little bundles of cuteness!

Erica said...

They are too precious... I love cats! What's news on the turtle babies?

KaHolly said...

There's nothing like kittens. They will make you laugh constantly as they start to grow and get around. Hope you have a better week ahead.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You are a precious angel. Look at how Sabrina KNOWS that you love her! Animals feel and understand love and I am always intrigued to learn more about certain animals and their behaviors AND how they communicate. My big crush has always been horses....I know, they're big, dangerous and are interpreted by some people as being "stupid." How far from the truth is that! It's all about learning the other being's language. The language of animals can slow us down to think, can't it my friend!

Enjoy the fuzz my friend. They are so LOVABLE! Hoppy Friday, indeed!

Sparky said...

my heart is so heavy...you are truly a snapshot what is right in our world...may they all find homes and are loved as much as you love them

Deb said...

Sending you a hug, Shell and thank you for helping these precious cats. Deb

Ronda said...

So sweet Michelle! ... sorry you had a rough week!

Tina said...

Oh I just love all of your pictures! I was wondering how Sabrina and her babies were doing - the pictures melt my heart too! This is, no doubt, the first time Sabrina has had babies and enough food and warmth that is doesn't just drain her - they all look so healthy. I love the picture of you holding her!! Wishing you a much better week full of joy and laughter!!!

Judy1522 said...

Sweet picture of you and Sabrina. The kitties are so adorable. Have a good weekend.

Lana said...

You make me smile...sending you something to help...hugs!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I sure wished I lived next door to you--as I would be helping you 'love' and nurture those babies--
they can be addicting can't they????
I remember my 'babies' from the yarn shop still and am soo glad that I went nearly every day to play and love on them!
hugs, di and miss gracie

Fiona said...

what delightful pics .... sorry your week has not been so great... big hugz...
Hugz

Createology said...

Our little precious pets really do give us unconditional love and affection with no judgements what-so-over. Enjoy every moment of this magical cuddle-puddle of love my friend. Hannah and Harrington Hugs too!

RG said...

Keep goin'. The world needs more goers.

Cute bunch ...

Jeanette said...

Love all the cuteness. Sorry to hear you had a tough week. Hugs to you. xx.

Sparklyjools said...

This week I am grateful that you have David your fantastic friends - and all the little furry wonders, both feline and bunny. Sending you a huge hug.xxx (Y)
(._.)
C(“)(“)

Little Miss Titch said...

this cute pile would melt anybodies heart ,good to hear that 2 of the other kittens have been caught,xx Rachel

Anonymous said...

Tough week? So sorry to hear that girlfriend. Just remember my motto "things can always be worse" and then you are so grateful that they aren't. The icky stuff in life just makes us appreciate the good days all the more and certainly animals bring joy and happiness. They don't judge and always loving and good for those special cuddles. Love the photos and update...hope this week is better for you.

Kris said...

So, so sweet!! You are the best, Shell!!

Unknown said...

So glad that you have wonderful, kind and caring people about to support you when needed. Your new furry feline friends are also there, giving you those warm, fuzzy feelings and, I'm sure, some laughs at their antics. Then there are the bunnies, they know that you love them with all of your heart and they love you right back. Wishes for brighter days ahead.

Stephanie said...

Sabrina looks just like my cat Brandy!

Linda said...

Thank you for the smiles your post brought us! There is something so endearing about kittens! What is it that makes our hearts melt like that?!! (My mom lives in the country and has several feral cats in her yard. I've enjoyed watching one kitty mama nursing her three kittens. They are still nursing along with two other kittens from another mama cat. All five of these kittens are bigger now than the mama cat, but you find them regularly trying to squeeze in at "the bar"!!)I hope this week will be a good one for you!

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...