Thursday, April 9, 2015

Slow, Exquisite, Stitching

It simply takes my breath away. I have shared the incredible work of Michele Carragher before.


She is an embroidery artist extraordinaire and costume designer for the HBO series, Game of Thrones.


Her work encompasses a large variety of hand stitching, beading and embroidery.

Below is her new You Tube video showing some of the latest designs. 



What did you think? Inspired? I will admit, I made me want to slow down and stitch something incredible and breathtaking. Sometimes, I just don't want to be in a hurry to get something finished.


If you hop over to Michele's Website, she will show you how she makes the dragon scale she created on this dress. You can even drag the photos to download the instructions.

There are also several other new galleries and beautiful things to see. We hope you enjoy the adventure into her extraordinary creative world. We sure did.  

Light, love and hugs to you,
Michelle, the Bunnies and Sabrina kitty too!

11 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

What stunning work, Shell! I clicked over to her website and admit that I'll be spending a lot of time there so that I can see every incredible stitch! Thanks for sharing.
xo
Donna

Little Miss Titch said...

She really does create some beautiful things Michelle,xx Rachel

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Shell, the work is outstanding, truly an art that has dissipated from the average home (my mother used to do such work) but thank goodness, there are artists like Michele who carry on the traditions, and the results are most extraordinary! I just went to her website and YIKES! My eyes are already burning from the strain! Oh, gone are my eyes. I need new glasses just to be able to WRITE! Embroidery in such detail is a lost art for me these days, but what a beauty. LOVE IT!

Lana said...

AMAZING....
Are you packed yet???

Mosaic Magpie said...

Absolutely beautiful!!
Deb

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Absolutely jaw dropping! She is one talented lady.

LJ said...

Outstanding! Michele is amazing. Thanks for sharing; I'm going to start following her blog.

jerilanders said...

Super fantastic!I love to see such artistry with needle and thread, talent and imagination. The time involved!..but she probably has a few "extra fingers" to help out. So you are moving?? Happy day for you to move to a place you love so much! Hope the house sells quickly so you can resettle before the end of the year. Love ya! Jeri

Mayleen said...

Her work is absolutely stunning. So much detail, I love it. Will have to check out her site because I love embroidery.

Kris said...

Oh, my!! My first thought after I quit drooling was "what patience this woman must have!!" And incredible imagination!! Fabulous, just fabulous!!

Createology said...

She is a true artist with needle and thread and beads. Her work is stunning. Thank you for sharing the link. Stitching Bliss...

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...