Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thankful

It's the little things that I am most thankful for. Like the sun on my face, the sound of the wind through the trees, a caring husband, a sleeping cat, a snuggle with a bunny, a cup of hot tea, time spent stitching and a long conversation with a dear friend. It doesn't take much to make me smile. I take great pleasure in the simple, the heartfelt and the handmade.

I'm also very thankful for my customers/friends. It makes me smile so very big when someone enjoys making one of my designs. This is my Folk Art Fusion flower brooch which was made by friend, Barbara Brannon.


It was her first try with my method and I think she did a wonderful job. She made it into an ornament to give as a gift to a friend.   

Today I also wanted to share this beautiful animation performance. I hope you can take a moment to sit and enjoy it as much as I did. Art comes in so many wonderful forms.



I am thankful for you my friend.

Light, love and hugs,
Michelle

7 comments:

Erica said...

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving as you do, but everyone should take the time to thank God for everything in their lives that they are thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving xxxx

Kay said...

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in England but I have a lot to be thankful for including lovely children and a husband that never complains about how much fabric I buy. x

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You have reminded me of something essential to my well-being that I seemed to have lost in the shuffle of daily, fast-paced life. To not only engage in the little things, but to accept the fact that these little things DO MATTER in our well-being. Dear heart, thank you.

Barbara in TN said...

Thank you so very much for posting my ornament - I'm very honored, indeed! I made many mistakes on learning this process and am eager to try again.
Thanks again!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Barbara in TN

Tina said...

What a wonderful post!!!!

PS What a beautiful ornament!!

Createology said...

Michelle Dear you have said it superbly...I too love the simple, the heartfelt and the handmade. We have so much to be grateful for. Lovely felt ornament and a very special gift to give. Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving...

StitchinByTheLake said...

How pretty that is! And I echo your words. :) blessings, marlene

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...