Thursday, January 26, 2017

A Play Date with the Brunswick Quilters

Hi ya! Sorry I am late to this blog post date, but I had a most wonderful adventure yesterday and so I delayed my post to share it with you today!

The best part of what I do is being able to inspire creativity in others through my designs. For 2017, I decided to make a big change to my "Play Dates" workshops.  Instead of having students create one of my patterns and providing a kit to make the exact same thing I made, I decided to make my "Beekeeper Pincushion" exclusive to my Play Date participants. I wanted to offer something special to those with whom I have the honor of teaching in person.



The participants are able to choose from three flower designs, then choose their own wool colors, Valdani perle cotton and embellishments to make their own individualized "Beekeeper Pincushion."



Yesterday was the first time teaching and inspiring with this new class format and I must say, it was a total BLAST! Everybunny had so much fun and I was so excited to see the beautiful flowers that each of these amazing friends made.

Of course, I had to get a class "Bunny Ears" photo for my collection. :)




This is Brenda, who hired me to have a Play Date with the guild. She is such a doll and I was so excited to finally meet her in person. She has carpal tunnel in her wrist and she said that stitching the flower didn't bother it one bit. Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!


Here's a close up of Brenda's flower. Pretty! 


Here's the rest of my friends with their flowers.














Gail had fun playing with the threads. hee,hee,hee.




Stephanie is a former student of mine from The Cabin Branch Quilters in Virginia. She has since moved to North Carolina and it was so wonderful to hug her neck and have her in my class again.







Marji (above) brought me a pressie! She made these adorable wool trees. I love them!!! 
Thank you Marji!




Jean saw me on Quilting Arts TV and downloaded my "Conrad the Carrot Collector" pattern (link on my about and free designs page above). She brought her interpretation of Conrad to share with me. Adorable! 


Jean also brought this sweet little wool bird in a nest. So darn tweet! hee,hee,hee



Vicki is a talented rug hooker and creates incredible wool pieces like this bunny!!!! Yes, I threatened to put him in my bag and run out the door! hee,hee,hee. Isn't he the cutest? 


Vicki also shared this gorgeous penny rug. It is a Doreen Frost design and the light yellow wool was hand dyed by her friend using Daffodils, or was it Dandelions? Gosh...my bunny brain is getting old. Anyway, I think it is stunning. Thank you for bringing these Vicki!


It was a wonderful day and I now have many more friends added to The Raspberry Rabbits family. Would you or any of your friends like to have an adventure down the rabbit hole with me? I would love to have a Play Date with you! You can click on the tab at the top of my blog for more information.

Join me back here next week as Block 2 of our Journey Down Briarside Lane continues! Until then, keep creating.

Hugs,
Michelle and the Bunnies

9 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ohh--what pretty pin cushions the gals made with their own color choice and I know they had fun deciding which flower and what colors--I really liked seeing all the selections--and that rabbit wool pillow is to die for--can't believe you actually came home with out it!!!!
enjoy the moment-di
thanks for thinking to take all those photos-

webbsway said...

Everybody was so beautiful and having so much fun. How wonderful to be able to pull this off-so good for the soul. Do, love the bunny!

Petal49 said...

Looks like so much fun and some very talented ladies in attendance.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OOOOO!!!!! Amazing! You are spreading the LOVE of this marvelous art, the bun-bun fun and YOUR wonderful spirit. To see these many women together, learning and enjoying themselves, that makes me happy. I wish all my students loved what I teach them....

Sparklyjools said...

What a lot of happy smiling faces, and lovely work!

Createology said...

It is easy to see that being part of a sewing group really is sew much fun. You are a great teacher dear and your inspiration is contagious. These photos make me want to find my bee and flower I made and actually create such a cute pincushion as these are. JOYful January Bunny Hopping...

Binka said...

A hundred-and-one thank you's to you Michelle for posting all these pics for us. I have just finished going over the quilting slideshow from November of last year and put it in my "saved" file! I've still got all the others to look through and I do it by date-oldest first so I'm kept entertained for a good while! The show quilts are magnificent! Thank you for sharing your adventures and good times! I truly relish visiting your site.

Crafty Green Poet said...

It looks like great fun!

kaym said...

I adore these little flowers and the bee. I have been looking for patterns that would be simple for me to learn. I'm a quilter but not a hand sewer, yet. I checked your site and see that the flowers and bee are not available, at least not yet. So was wondering if they will become available in a kit or pattern.

Lady Hannah Goldenhare - Nothing Gold Can Stay

Hello dear friends, It's been a minute hasn't it? My last post was over a year ago. I decided I wanted to stay in my bubble where it...